Monday 29 July 2013

Prophecy Girl


Prophecy Girl
By Cecily White

Summery courtesy of goodreaads.com
Amelie Bennett. . . . Ending the world, one prophecy at a time.

I was born to slay Crossworld demons.
Big black flappy ones, little green squirmy ones. Unfortunately, the only thing getting slain these days is my social life. With my high school under attack, combat classes intensifying, and Academy instructors dropping right and left, I can barely get my homework done, let alone score a bondmate before prom.
Then he shows up.

Jackson Smith-Hailey. Unspeakably hot, hopelessly unattainable, and dangerous in all the right ways. Sure, he’s my trainer. And okay, maybe he hates me. Doesn’t mean I’ll ignore the wicked Guardian chemistry between us. It’s crazy! Every time I’m with him, my powers explode. Awesome, right?
Wrong.

Now my teachers think I’m the murderous Graymason destined to bring down our whole race of angelbloods. Everyone in New Orleans is hunting me. The people I trusted want me dead. Jack and I have five days to solve the murders, prevent a vampire uprising, and thwart the pesky prophecy foretelling his death by my hand. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

Getting it done without falling in love. . . that might take a miracle

Review

The Synopsis of this book was really intriguing, it reminded me of Richelle Meads Vampire Academy, so I was really looking forward to it.

This book had so much going on in the beginning. The academies instructors are being murdered, and the school is under attack. Jack is hot, and a new trainer who is temporarily helping the academy out, until new staff can be employed.

Amelie causes Jack difficulties right away, her mischievous reputation precedes her, and Jack's heard all about her, and tries to stay away. In fact, it seems as though he can't stand her. Amelie feels a connection to him though, and won't leave him alone.

This author obviously has read The vampire academy by Richelle Mead and loved it, that's understandable as its a fantastic series(5 Stars).

But for this book to work its points of difference and storyline needed to be fantastic, it was lack luster at best, very disappointing.
2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment